If you’re looking to submit your work for consideration for a website feature, please visit the Submit page. Additional opportunities such as calls for art are posted, as they become available, on the Opportunities page.
The online exhibition will run Monday, April 1 – Sunday, April 21, 2019.
Submission fee is $15. See below for important dates.
Young Space invites submissions of contemporary visual art for an online exhibition in Spring 2019! Following the success of previous online Young Space exhibitions, this is an opportunity to submit your work for consideration for a curated virtual show.
How it works (please read carefully!)
The online shows aim to be internationally accessible, 24/7, curated, professional, virtual presentations of exciting contemporary work from around the world. The show is presented on an autonomous website that is promoted on yngspc.com and via social media, and each work is highlighted individually on the @yngspc Instagram (77K+ followers, including gallerists, curators, and collectors) throughout the run of the show. Artists are not required to ship work unless it is sold. If work sells, Kate coordinates the sale, and the artist ships to the buyer directly from the studio!
It’s helpful to check out yngspc.com/artists or scroll through the Instagram gallery to get a feel for the varieties and styles of work there, to get an idea if you think your work aligns with the Young Space aesthetic. Please note that there is a submission fee, which supports Young Space as an independent curatorial platform. (Alternatively, if you would like to support Young Space in another way, a brand new Patreon account has been established to hopefully help reduce or eliminate fees in future.)
Please complete both Step 1 and Step 2 below. Your submission will not be considered until both steps are completed.
Send any questions or concerns you may have via email to email@example.com. All correspondence will be through email only. If you encounter any issues with this form or any other part of the submission process, please don’t hesitate to contact me!
All artists in all career stages are eligible to submit work for consideration. Work submitted must be new within the last two years. There is no limitation on geographic location, theme, or medium. If selected, you may be asked for additional information, or to participate in an interview for further promotional purposes.
IN BRIEF – WHAT TO UPLOAD in the form below:
- Fill out all fields in the entry form
- Upload images of your work
- Upload a brief statement of your work (300 words max)
- Upload a PDF file of your CV
- Submission fee
SPECIFICATIONS + REQUIREMENTS:
- Artists may submit up to five (5) distinct pieces of work for consideration.
- Only completed artworks will be considered.
- Images must be of professional quality with good lighting, and include several angles of the work. (These are the images that will represent your work online. “Professional quality” can mean actual professional images, or phone photos if they look professional!)
- The below form does not support video files. If submitting video/new media work, please attach a still from each work and include links to the videos online, or send video files to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Images and supporting documents must be uploaded directly to the form below.
- Artwork does not have to be for sale. For work that is for sale, Young Space will handle all sales and related communication.
- Young Space asks for a 35% commission total on any sales. Please factor in this amount when determining your prices.
- Substitutions are not guaranteed. Please be aware that if an accepted work sells, becomes otherwise unavailable, or turns out to be too expensive to ship, there is no guarantee that another work will be substituted.
- Artists whose work is included in the exhibition agree, if work sells, to package and ship the work in a professional and safe manner, or have it professionally packaged, and posted at the most economical rate. Prospective buyers are responsible for shipping, however at the time of sale the artist will communicate with Kate about the best methods and postage rates for shipment, depending on the size/scale of work, before the sale is confirmed.
- Artists must agree to ship internationally if work sells.
- Artists must agree to keep the work exclusively available for this exhibition during the length of the exhibition. ie. It cannot be exhibited or for sale elsewhere during the dates that it is available online.
- Entry Deadline: February 17, 11:59pm CST.
- All artists will be notified of the final decision by February 28, 2019. If your work is selected, you will receive further information at that time.
- All selected work will be on display online from April 1 – April 21, 2019.
Agreement & Photography
Young Space reserves the right to use images of the artwork for publicity and educational purposes in perpetuity.
By submitting artwork via this call, the artist is agreeing to the terms outlined above.
Submission fee is $15 (nonrefundable) per artist, regardless of the number or type of works submitted, limit 5. Online entry only via website (credit/debit card via PayPal). All proceeds from fees cover administrative costs, and directly fund Young Space projects and opportunities such as this one. Young Space is totally independent and your support is greatly appreciated!
- PLEASE LABEL IMAGE FILES USING THE TITLES OF WORK.
- Images must show the exact work you are submitting.
- Images should be a maximum of 3MB each.
- Acceptable file formats are .jpg/jpeg or .png. No PDFs.
You will be notified either way if your work has been accepted or not. If your work is accepted, you will receive further information.
Please follow the 2 steps below:
- Online form (Attach images as separate files. Include statement and CV documents, which may be combined in to one document)
- Entry Fee ($15)
Your submission will not be considered complete until both steps are complete.
Please fill out the following information. Fields with a * are required.
Submission fee is $15. Tap the button below!
(Alternately, if this form gives you trouble, please use this link: paypal.me/yngspc)