CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
The entry deadline for this opportunity has passed. Keep an eye on yngspc.com/opportunities for more!
Young Space invites submissions of contemporary visual art for a curated group exhibition in a collaborative art studio in the Morgan Fine Arts Building during Greenpoint Open Studios in Brooklyn, New York, in early June.
See below for a map of the location! The official dates of Greenpoint Open Studios 2018 are June 2 + 3, 2018.
The four artists involved in the space, Peter Barrickman, Shane McAdams, Keith Nelson, Shane Walsh, have opened up their large studio for a curatorial project in collaboration with Young Space! Kate Mothes will curate a selection of work for an exhibition to take place in their brightly lit, finished studio space in a building that also houses . Selected work will be promoted online via the @yngspc Instagram account and other social media platforms in addition to being on view during this increasingly popular New York weekend arts event.
Submission fee is $25. Entry deadline is 31 March 2018. See below for other important dates.
All proceeds are directly used for Young Space operating costs for this and other projects in order to further the mission of promoting and supporting artists, artwork, and ideas. To see a history of past exhibitions and other projects, check out katemothes.com.
About Young Space
SUBMIT YOUR WORK!
Please complete both Step 1 and Step 2 below. Your submission will not be considered until both steps are completed. (Please note: If you have trouble with the payment submission, it may be a browser issue. Just get in touch with me, and we’ll get it sorted!)
Send any questions or concerns you may have via email to email@example.com. All correspondence will be through email only. If you encounter any issues with this form or any other part of the submission process, please don’t hesitate to contact me!
All artists are eligible to submit work for consideration. Work submitted must be new within the last two years. There is no limitation on geographic location, theme, or medium. If selected, you may be asked for additional information, or to participate in an interview for further promotional purposes.
IN BRIEF – WHAT TO UPLOAD in the form below:
- Fill out all fields in the entry form
- Upload images of your work
- Upload a brief statement of your work (300 words max)
- Upload a PDF file of your CV
- Submission fee
SPECIFICATIONS + REQUIREMENTS:
- Artists may submit up to five (5) distinct pieces of work for consideration.
- Only completed artworks will be considered.
- Images must be uploaded directly to the form below.
- It is recommended that art is for sale, but NFS is OK. Young Space will handle all sales and related communication.
- Young Space asks for a 30% commission total on any sales. Please factor in this amount when determining your prices.
- The cost of shipping artwork within/to the United States is the responsibility of the artist, along with any insurance. Please take this into consideration when submitting works that may cost more to ship. Kate is responsible for caring for, storing, and, in the case of a sale, shipping the artwork to a buyer. In some cases she may transport work from the Midwest to New York and back again. In the case that an artwork does not sell, return shipping is also the responsibility of the artist. The artist is not responsible for shipping if the artwork sells during the exhibition.
- Substitutions are not guaranteed. Please be aware that if an accepted work sells, becomes otherwise unavailable, or turns out to be too expensive to ship, there is no guarantee that another work will be substituted.
- Entry Deadline: 31 March 2018 11:59pm CST.
- All artists will be notified of the final decision by 23 April 2018. If your work is selected, you will receive further information about shipping deadlines at that time.
- All selected work will be on display during Greenpoint Open Studios, 2-3 June 2018.
Liability & Photography
Although artwork will be handled with care, Young Space cannot be responsible for loss or damage to artworks, and artists are encouraged to carry their own insurance when the work is shipped.
Young Space reserves the right to photograph artwork during the event and use images of the artwork for publicity and educational purposes in perpetuity. By submitting artwork via this call, the artist is agreeing to the terms outlined above.
All questions should be directed to Kate Mothes at firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t be shy!
Submission fee is $25 (nonrefundable) per artist, regardless of the number or type of works submitted, limit 5. Online entry only (credit/debit card). All proceeds from fees cover administrative costs and directly fund Young Space projects and opportunities such as this one.
- PLEASE LABEL IMAGE FILES USING THE TITLES OF WORK.
- Images must show the exact work you are submitting.
- Images should be a maximum of 3MB each.
- Acceptable file formats are .jpg/jpeg or .png. No PDFs.
You will be notified either way if your work has been accepted or not. If your work is accepted, you will receive further information.
Please follow the 2 steps below:
- Online form (Attach images as separate files. Include statement and CV documents, which may be combined in to one document)
- Entry Fee ($25)
Your submission will not be considered complete until both steps are complete.
Please fill out the following information. Fields with a * are required.
Submission fee is $25. Tap the button below!
(Alternately, if you prefer PayPal, please send fee to email@example.com!)