The deadline for this opportunity has passed.
Young Space is pleased to invite submissions of contemporary visual art for a curated group exhibition in a space in the Morgan Fine Arts Building during Greenpoint Open Studios in Brooklyn, New York, June 8+9, 2019! Entry deadline has been EXTENDED to 24 April 2019. See below for other important dates.
Kate Mothes, curator and Young Space, will curate a selection of work for an exhibition to take place in a space within the Morgan Fine Arts Building, in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, NY. Selected work will be promoted online via the @yngspc and/or @yngspc_deets Instagram accounts and other social media platforms in addition to being on view during the two-day event. All submissions are archived and considered for future curatorial projects. To see a history of past exhibitions and other projects, check out yngspc.com/exhibitions or katemothes.com.
If you’re looking to submit your work for consideration for a website feature, please visit the Submit page. Additional opportunities such as calls for art are posted, as they become available, on the Opportunities page.
SUBMIT YOUR WORK!
Please complete both Step 1 and Step 2 below. Please be aware that there are separate submission buttons for the form and for the fee. All correspondence will be through email only. If you encounter any issues with this form or any other part of the submission process, please don’t hesitate to contact me!
Artists working anywhere in the world, at any stage of their career are invited to apply. Work must be able to be shipped to the exhibition.
Work is selected based on its originality and how well it complements other work in the open call, therefore each Young Space open call is distinct. It is recommended that work is dated no earlier than 2017. Take a peek at the @yngspc Instagram or Artists page to get an idea of the general aesthetic. If selected, you may be asked for additional information, or to participate in an interview for further promotional purposes. This is a physical exhibition; if you are looking for one of the yngspc online exhibition opportunities, keep an eye on the Opportunities page.
Submission fee is USD$25 per artist, regardless of the number or type of works submitted, limit 5. Online entry only (credit/debit card via PayPal). All proceeds are directly used for Young Space operating, admin, and advertising costs for this and other projects in order to further the mission of promoting and supporting artists, artwork, and ideas.
Specifications + Requirements:
- Artists may submit up to five (5) distinct pieces of work for consideration.
- Only completed artworks will be considered.
- Works may be NFS. If work is for sale, Young Space will handle all sales and related communication.
- Young Space asks for a 35% commission total on any sales. Please factor in this amount when determining your prices.
- The cost of shipping artwork within/to the United States is the responsibility of the artist, along with any insurance. Please take this into consideration when submitting works that may cost more to ship due to size or weight. Kate is responsible for caring for, storing, installing, and, in the case of a sale, shipping the artwork to a buyer. In some cases she may transport work from the Midwest to New York and back again. In the case that an artwork does not sell, return shipping is also the responsibility of the artist. The artist is not responsible for shipping if the artwork sells during the exhibition.
- Substitutions are not guaranteed. Please be aware that if an accepted work sells, becomes otherwise unavailable, or turns out to be too expensive to ship prior to the exhibition, there is no guarantee that another work will be substituted.
- Entry Deadline: 24 April 2019 11:59pm CST.
- All artists will be notified of the final decision by 30 April 2019. If your work is selected, you will receive further information about shipping deadlines at that time.
- All selected work will be on display during Greenpoint Open Studios, June 8+9, 2019.
All questions should be directed to Kate Mothes at email@example.com.
- Please label image files with the titles of the artwork.
- Images must be uploaded directly to the form below.
- If submitting video work, you may include up to 3 image stills for each video. Please include a link to the video online, or send an email with the file attached.
- Images must show the exact work you are submitting.
- Images should be a maximum of 3MB each.
- Acceptable file formats are .jpg/jpeg or .png. No PDFs.
You will be notified either way if your work has been accepted or not. If your work is accepted, you will receive further information.
Please follow the 2 steps below:
- Online form (Attach images as separate files. Include statement and CV documents, which may be combined in to one document)
- Entry Fee (USD$25)
Please fill out the following information. Fields with a * are required.
(This form is no longer available.)
Submission fee – tap the button below!