CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
This opportunity is now closed. Keep an eye out for future announcements!
(If you’re looking to submit your work to the Young Space website, please go to the Submit page!)
The online exhibition will run Friday, January 18 – Sunday, February 10, 2019.
Submission fee is $15. See below for important dates.
Young Space invites submissions of contemporary visual art for an online exhibition in early 2019! The second online-only Young Space exhibition, this is an opportunity to submit your work for consideration for a curated “virtual” show.
How it works (please read carefully!)
Similar to other Young Space exhibitions, work is curated into a cohesive exhibition from submissions by Young Space founder Kate Mothes. The show is presented on an autonomous website that is promoted on yngspc.com and via social media, and each work is highlighted individually on the @yngspc Instagram throughout the run of the show. Artists are not required to ship work unless it is sold. If work sells, Kate coordinates the sale, and the artist ships to the buyer directly from the studio!
How is it different from previous calls?
- Each artwork must be photographed to a professional standard (ie. good lighting, high resolution). It is preferable that there is a front/overview image, as well as side views and/or detail shots to give an “experience” of the work. Kate may request further images.
- Artists whose work is included in the exhibition agree, if work sells, to package and ship the work in a professional and safe manner, or have it professionally packaged, and posted at the most economical rate. Potential shipping costs are important to keep in mind when considering which work to submit! Prospective buyers are responsible for shipping, however at the time of sale the artist will communicate with Kate about the best methods and postage rates for shipment, depending on the size/scale of work, before the sale is confirmed.
- Artists must agree to ship internationally if work sells.
- Artists must agree to keep the work exclusively available for this exhibition during the length of the exhibition. ie. It cannot be exhibited or for sale elsewhere during the dates that it is available online.
SUBMIT YOUR WORK!
Please complete both Step 1 and Step 2 below. Your submission will not be considered until both steps are completed.
Send any questions or concerns you may have via email to email@example.com. All correspondence will be through email only. If you encounter any issues with this form or any other part of the submission process, please don’t hesitate to contact me!
All artists are eligible to submit work for consideration. Work submitted must be new within the last two years. There is no limitation on geographic location, theme, or medium, or size (remember to keep practical packing/shipping costs in mind). If selected, you may be asked for additional information, or to participate in an interview for further promotional purposes.
IN BRIEF – WHAT TO UPLOAD in the form below:
- Fill out all fields in the entry form
- Upload images of your work
- Upload a brief statement of your work (300 words max)
- Upload a PDF file of your CV
- Submission fee
SPECIFICATIONS + REQUIREMENTS:
- Artists may submit up to five (5) distinct pieces of work for consideration.
- Only completed artworks will be considered.
- Images must be of professional quality with good lighting, and include several angles of the work. (These are the images that will represent your work online. “Professional quality” can mean actual professional images, or phone photos if they look professional!)
- The below form does not support video files. If submitting video/new media work, please attach a still from each work and include links to the videos online, or send video files to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Images and supporting documents must be uploaded directly to the form below.
- It is recommended that art is for sale, but NFS is OK. Young Space will handle all sales and related communication.
- Young Space asks for a 40% commission total on any sales. Please factor in this amount when determining your prices.
- If, following the dates of the exhibition, the work sells because it was initially discovered through the exhibition, Young Space asks 10% of the sale.
- Substitutions are not guaranteed. Please be aware that if an accepted work sells, becomes otherwise unavailable, or turns out to be too expensive to ship, there is no guarantee that another work will be substituted.
- Entry Deadline: 30 November 2018 11:59pm CST.
- All artists will be notified of the final decision by 19 December 2018. If your work is selected, you will receive further information at that time.
- All selected work will be on display online from January 18 – February 10, 2019.
Liability & Photography
Young Space cannot be responsible for loss or damage to artworks, and artists are encouraged to carry their own insurance when the work is shipped.
Young Space reserves the right to use images of the artwork for publicity and educational purposes in perpetuity.
By submitting artwork via this call, the artist is agreeing to the terms outlined above.
All questions should be directed to Kate Mothes at email@example.com. Don’t be shy!
Submission fee is $15 (nonrefundable) per artist, regardless of the number or type of works submitted, limit 5. Online entry only via website (credit/debit card via PayPal). All proceeds from fees cover administrative costs, and directly fund Young Space projects and opportunities such as this one. While PayPal is strongly preferred, if you do not have access to PayPal, please contact Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org. Young Space is totally independent and your support is greatly appreciated!
- PLEASE LABEL IMAGE FILES USING THE TITLES OF WORK.
- Images must show the exact work you are submitting.
- Images should be a maximum of 3MB each.
- Acceptable file formats are .jpg/jpeg or .png. No PDFs.
You will be notified either way if your work has been accepted or not. If your work is accepted, you will receive further information.
Please follow the 2 steps below:
- Online form (Attach images as separate files. Include statement and CV documents, which may be combined in to one document)
- Entry Fee ($15)
Your submission will not be considered complete until both steps are complete.
Please fill out the following information. Fields with a * are required.
Submission fee is $15. Tap the button below!
(Alternately, if this form gives you trouble, please use this link: paypal.me/yngspc)